Thursday, May 19, 2011

Storyboard Thumbs!

Hey all, checking in with a progress/process update. In working on my story I've made some changes since the initial idea posting. I've gone through a number of story outline variations and now have moved on to roughing out the story with a pinch more detail in rough storyboard form. With this exercise I'm not worrying about the layout of panels on pages just yet. I started by breaking up the outline into big scenes. Within each scene I drew thumbnails that begin to think about what the actual panels will need to communicate. I still have one more scene to finish, and then I'll read back over it and work out another quick set based on edits that I think need to happen.

I'm feeling a little bit behind schedule, but hopefully I'll still meet our May 28th script and thumbs deadline! How are you all doing?

2 comments:

  1. Love that first sequence, especially the dog's response to the fishless spear - very cool display of the connection between the two characters. Scene 1 shows a nice flow of storytelling. I also like the underwater panel showing the fish near his feet. Well done!

    ReplyDelete